Great quality sizing not so good
The costume arrived very fast and is very nice heavy quality material(polyester blends). After trying on the 4 pieces (dress, corset, apron, and belt) the costume looks more frumpy than sexy. The SM is to big for me and I am a size 6 everything is elastic except for the corset vest which is fully closed when laced up on me. I cannot get the costume tight enough for my liking. The apron is a full skirt that has thick elastic bunched waist which contributes to the more bulky appearance when wearing every piece. I would try to get a smaller size but there is no XS. I may end up wearing only the dress and the corset. You may want to go smaller than normal since everything is adjustable and a-line cut.
Quality Material
I was surprised when I got this costume at how nice the material was. Most costumes use very thin and cheap material and are poorly made. This costume could easily be worn for years to come.
Much better than expected...
This is a higher quality costume than I had expected. The photo is true to color with the loose fitting rosy dress, navy lace - up vest/corset and cream colored apron/over-skirt. The neckline can be worn rather low or at a respectable public school neckline level. I have worn it for Halloween, costume parties and as an outfit to read to elementary age children during library time. The sizing was perfect for me! I was told that the color is not true to the time period - but that isn't why I got it. I love the head band, too.
****
Pros: Great fabric - not hot polyester. Fun fit. Lots of pieces.
Cons: None.
> Click to See Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment