Sizing not great
So I purchased this costume for my 3 year old for Halloween this year. He was super excited the day that it arrived and wanted to try it on right away. Im glad we did so that I was prepared. I purchased this in a 2T-4T size as my son is just fitting into 3T clothing. My son is average in terms of height and is a little on the skinny side and the costume barely fit him. It was too short and it was almost skin tight. We live in new england and I had to figure out a plan to what would fit underneath the costume as the costume itself is thin fabric which wouldnt have been a big deal if the costume wasnt almost skin tight. Also the gloves are not attached to the main part of the costume and so they kept falling off whenever he tried to pick up candy.
I made it work as I didnt have time to ship it back and wait for a new one to arrive but leason learned for next time...always buy the next size up from what you think you need.
Adorable, quality costume
I just bought this for my six month old and it is absolutely darling - even cuter than in the picture. 100% polyester (of course) looks durable, is very thin but still plush and soft. I had been concerned that this would have that "papery" feel you sometimes get with printed costumes but it does not at all. Colder climates will need to layer clothing underneath it; in FL I'll be worried about its breathability since our Halloween will probably be about 88 degrees.
Only quibble is the price on amazon. Shop around. I got this for about $13 on a site called One Step Ahead dot com.
Looks great! But too small
The costume looks great, and is really cute and all that. No complaints there. However, I ordered the 2t-4t size for my son who is 2 years and 3 months and it's too small. My son it just about average size for his age and he fits into all other 2t clothes just fine. The legs are long enough but the body up to the shoulders is too short and he can hardly fit into it. I saw someone else say the same on a different site but thought I would be pretty safe with a 2t-4t because he has so recently turned 2. There is no way this costume would ever fit a normal size 3 year old. Order the 2t-4t size if you were thinking of getting the 18-24 month size and if you have a kid older than 2 this may not fit at all. My boy can't wear his really. I think we will try to take out some seams and add some fabric or just find something else.
> Click to See Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment