Monday, March 4, 2013

Women's Colorful Costume Butterfly Wings B002IPZM58

Women's Colorful Costume Butterfly Wings - 3.3 out of 5 stars from 6 customer reviews


Sized for 6 month old child
While these wings were just as beautiful, colorful, sturdy and great quality as the picture shows, they were sized for a six-month-old child as clearly listed on the package they came in and as demonstrated by their elastic shoulder straps that were much too tight for a small 8-year-old let alone an adult.

We need them for a play this month, so we added more, stretchier elastic to the shoulder straps provided.

The wings themselves are beautiful, much more sturdy than others I've seen, and should last for plenty of dress up times after the play.

I just hope BrandsOnSale clears up the size in their listing.


Perfect size for children, but definitely not 'womens.'
My four year old son is determined to be a butterfly for Halloween this year. Try finding butterfly wings that aren't fairy/princess/glitter and all for girls at your average costume store. When I found these online they looked perfect; butterfly looking wings that were gender neutral, and not fairy-like. There was only one review stating that they run very small, and indeed they do, which is ultimately why I purchased them. Just to experiment, these are for women, and I in no way could wear them comfortably. They are a little big on my son, but overall a good fit. So, since they are advertised as "womens" I had to give them 4 stars. If you are an adult and want a pair of wings, LOOK ELSEWHERE. But if you need it for a kid, they're perfect, and they seem well-made and sturdy compared to other wings. The price is good, and the item arrived earlier than the shipping estimates.


Great for Halloween or Dress Up
I purchased these wings for my 5 year old daughter's halloween costume. She didn't want to be a regular butterfly - only a MONARCH butterfly. I was expecting the same kind of meshy stuff stretched over wire that are typical of most kids wings. However - these are made out of a satiny synthetic type fabric and are bendable. They are really sturdy and have already survived 3 halloween parties and a night of trick or treating as well as various dress up dates. They are definitely not a woman's size - they are a child's size except the straps had to be pinned tighter. Still - they are a great sturdy dress up investment.


> Click to See Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment